1. Panam Percy Paul is arguably the most prolific gospel musician ever out of Nigeria.
2. Panam’s real/full names are Bakulipanam Percy Paul Mokungah.
3. Panam hails from Mbula in Demsa L.G.A in Adamawa State but resides in
Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
4. Panam is 60 years old and has been actively into gospel music for 43 years.
5. Panam was born to Major Paul Harley, an officer in the Nigerian Army, and composer Paulina Paul Mokungah, both of the Lutheran Church.
6. Panam’s late elder brother, Philip Mokungah was the founder of Oasis of Love Church in Jos, Plateau State.
7. Panam’s father disowned him at age 19 and removed his name from his will for becoming a gospel musician rather than joining the Nigerian Army.
8. Panam has released 14 albums.
9. Panam’s first recorded album was in 1976.
10. “Bring Down the Glory 1″ and ‘Bring Down the Glory 2” are among his greatest hits.
11. In preparation for the release of “Bring Down the Glory 1”, he rehearsed for 27 straight hours at a point, three weeks at a time with very little sleep and also went one and a half years (May 1984 to December 12th 1986) without food while only drinking water and Lucozade boost.
12. “Nigeria I love you”, “Master of the Universe”, “Return” and his latest-“Throne of Grace (Bring down your Glory 5)” are some of his other hits.
13. In September 6, 1993, he gave a concert at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem, New York City and previously in 1967 he had watched, on television, James Brown performing at that same theatre and promised himself that, one day, he would be on that stage.
14. Panam is widely read and has three doctorate degrees – in sound, music and philosophy.
15. Some of his numerous(20) awards include the:
1992 – FAME Gospel Music Award-Best Vocalist of the Year
1995 – BMI Music Award-Artist of the Year and
2014 – Crystal Awards-Crystal Lifetime Achievement Award
16. Panam NEVER sings collabos with secular artistes.
17. Panam not only compose and sing, he directs, he produces, he plays musical instruments and he is a trainer.
18. Panam is a grandfather. Interestingly, his children sings and play musical instruments.